In January 2016 I realized that I was doing tons of craft reviews, but making very little *art.* I decided to try making a little bit of art (or a least a portion) every day, using a tag as a base and started my One Little Tag Craft Challenge group on FB to encourage others to play along with me.
After all, it’s small, cheap, and if you hate it you can just throw it away. And if you LIKE it, you can gift it, use it, or incorporate them into larger mixed-media works.
I’ve more or less kept up with the OLT challenge for the past 2 years.
And just when I thought I’d let it all wind down, a couple of FoCTD (fans of CraftTestDummies) reached out and let me know they were ready to hop back on the OLT train.
I couldn’t let them down, now, could I?
So once again, we are relaunching the OLT Craft Challenge for the new year!
Here’s a recap in a video I made:
So to recap-
- Facebook group for community-building and interaction
- Weekly challenges/themes
- Post photo(s) on the video thread on the FB page (I do them live on Mondays) to be entered to win some “goodies.”
- Participate as much or as little as you like- daily, a couple of times per week, or once. It’s up to you.
- Make a card, ATC’s, tags, jewelry, fiber arts, WHATEVER! The idea is to STILL work on daily creativity and to make time for yourself.
- This is a joyful and non-judgemental place to share your creations. Kindness is king!
You may have noticed we are now in WEEK THREE- So here’s what I made for last week’s challenge:
And this is the most current video, if you’d like to hop in and join us THIS week:
I do hope you’ll consider joining us on Facebook– but if that’s not your bag, follow along on Instagram (@CraftTestDummy) and I’ll be sharing the prompts there and you can post your creations and tag it with #OLTcraftchallenge if you’d like to play that way. I’ll also be posting a weekly video- but not necessarily be posting *here.* So make sure you subscribe to the YT channel and especially follow the OLT Craft Challenge playlist.
Remember this is a *personal* challenge to explore art materials, exercise your creativity, make daily creative time, and practice your craft. Join in the fun!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
Rhonda Mancini says
Love your tags etc. and the fact you leave some formpeople to find. Brilliant!!!!