So I’ve been here in NYC for a whole EIGHT WEEKS now…time is flying…and my studio, while small, is finally organized. Do you have a small space? Or struggle with craft room organization? I know I did.
Actually, it’s an ongoing process. So while this works for me now, that may change in six months when I’ve been here a while.
(By the way, if you want to see how it first started out- and what I left behind- check out my post New Studio Update- part one.)
This post is mainly a video tour, with links to the items I mentioned after. So let’s get to it!
First- the Stamp N Storage items (which were provided to me in exchange for mention:)
- 12X12 Paper Storage for Ikea (this is one make specifically for the Kallax or Expedit unit. It fits like a glove.)
- Drawer Cabinet for stamp storage. LOVE THIS!
- Side by Side Marker Holder (You can fit TWO of these in a cubby- I certainly need another.)
- Standard Inkpad Holder
Now… the other stuff!
- Storage Unit is KALLAX from Ikea
- I used the under shelf storage baskets from Amazon– about $15 each
- Honey-Can-Do cart with metal top and casters, from Amazon, $53
- Kvissle letter tray (no tools required for assembly- it’s metal and snaps together- from Ikea but available on Amazon.com) -$37.00
- Alex Storage from Ikea – also available on Amazon for under $160.
- LED lamps that are dimmable and have swivel heads- great for task lighting on your desk by TaoTronics– under $24 USD.
- Creative Options storage boxes that are 14X14! Great for larger items and projects.
- Metal Nail Polish racks are perfect for storing craft paints and you can add magnet hooks underneath!
So far I’m feeling really good about everything. Now, I still have a 1/2 dozen boxes to finish sorting and unpacking- it’s mostly the odds-and-ends you through into boxes as you are frantically finishing up. But that will come in due time. In the meanwhile, I have a functional and organized craft room in about 1/5th of my previous space!
I’d love to hear your comments and suggestions on how to organize a small space!
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017