Hey crafty friends! If you know me, you know I’ve been using Periscope for well over a year now to do live broadcasts. I really enjoy having a “craft tribe” to talk to, as I’m still trying to make friends in my new state! Anyway, today I’m sharing a video of my crafty field trip into NYC with my mom last month, and some of the awesome goodies I picked up.
This is a pretty good idea of how my ‘scopes go…pretty silly and hopefully informative. I usually edit out most of the “chit-chat” stuff… but for this one, I decided to leave it in and see what the “general population” thought of it. I’ve gotten a lot of great comments, so I’m guessing that most don’t mind the 20-minute length!
(If you are here just for the list of craft stores and locations, I have that for you after the video, so you can just scroll past it.)
And if you are in NYC and want to go on your own crafty journey…here’s a nice afternoon trip to lower Manhattan.
- Michael’s 675 6th Ave, New York, NY 10011. Sure, you probably have one of these near you, but it’s always cool to see how they cram a suburban craft store in the big city! Close to the 1 Subway and Path train lines.
- The Container Store, 629 6th Ave, New York, NY 10011. What do crafters love as much as buying supplies? Finding ways to store them. This is the mecca for all things “storage.”
- Cost Plus World Market, 620 6th Ave, New York, NY 10011. While not a craft store, I love to pop my head in and see what goodies might be found in the napkin/wrapping paper category. Oh, and you can grab a some Pocky and exotic soda to fuel your journey.
- Paper Presentation, 23 W 18th St, New York, NY 10011. This is an old-school stationer that has added quirky office supplies, party goods and a fairly respectable craft section to its block-wide store. For Manhattan, this place is HUUUUUGE. I love to buy envelopes and inserts here- they have a lovely selection of specialty papers.
- The Ink Pad, 37 7th Ave, New York, NY 10011
And….as a bonus…..trek over to:
- Union Square (approx E 17th St & Union Square W, New York, NY 10003) in the summer weekends there is a farmer’s market where I’ve seen dyed wool and musicians and street performers. And in the winter, the Union Square Holiday Market is AMAZING with food, imports, handicrafts, and music. And the train station will get you to your next adventure!
- The Coffee Shop 29 Union Square W, New York, NY 10003 is a low-key but yummy place to grab a lunch before you head on your merry way. (Try the Hangover Sandwich. YUM!)
I hope this was fun for you- leave me feedback!
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017