Let’s take a look at GLITTER- shall we? Today we will look at two glitters from Tonic Studios- Nuvo Pure Sheen and Nuvo Sparkle Dust. We’ll see how they swatch out on white and dark paper (some have iridescent sparkles) as well as how they perform with 2-way glue, dry adhesive tape, and sticky embossing powder.
Note: Product was provided for review purposes, but my opinions are honest and my own and based on my first-had experiences with the products. I was not paid for this review. Some links below may be affiliate links to offset the costs of free, unbiased reviews.
FIRST- Pure Sheen. It’s glitter! Ha! Just kidding. Here’s how it’s described on the website:
Each bottle has 100ml of Pure Sheen Glitter in and the bottle comes with a diamond like gem on top. The bottle also has a wide top that makes pouring in any excess glitter back in for next time a breeze.This glitter can really add a sparkle in to any carfting project.
There are 27 colors, and some are straight color, while others are iridescent. And there are some that have mulit-colored sparkles, too*!
Meanwhile, Sparkle Dust is an ultra-fine glitter that comes in 12 colors.
This range of micro fine glitter comes with 12 colours giving you a colour for any occasion. This ultra-fine glitter is so fine that it doesn’t have the same feel as glitter which is why a little can go a long way. You can pair this range of products with our stamps (Fairy Reflections, Bunched Bouquet, Strip Sentiment etc) as well as our stencils (Double Detail, Essentials Stencil etc) that are also on the show. Each pot comes with 15ml of ultra fine glitter giving you lot to play with. This tub comes with a wide top allowing you to easily pour any excess back in to use next time. This range makes a great addition to someone who’s just starting in crafting or to add to a veteran’s crafters collection.
The feel of Sparkle dust is almost like flocking on your project! I couldn’t believe how soft and sueded it feels.
* For a full explanation, watch the video I made here:
So now here’s the last samples- writing with Zig 2-way pen:
So… I’m loving the Sparkle Dust especially, since it’s so great for writing, embossing, and feels SO NICE on projects. I DO hope they come out with more colors soon. And I love the range of colors and quality of Pure Sheen…. be prepared to see a lot more glitter on my projects in the near future!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017