I’m back again today with another Tonic Studios product- this time is the Nuvo Embossing Powders!
Disclosure: samples provided for review purposes only. My opinions are honest and my own, and based on first-hand experience with the product.
Some links contained in the post are affiliate links.
It’s crazy, but there is VERY little information about this product on the website. So here I am, trying to demystify it for you!
- heat-activated embossing powder
- must be used with embossing stamp pad or a pigment-based pad so it “sticks” to the paper
- creates a raised, glossy finish
- .7 fluid ounces per container
- nice wide mouth
- jeweled cap is pretty but keeps you from seeing product in the container
- FOUR glitter formulas (as of this writing): Shimmering Pearl, Silver Moonlight, Gold Enchantment, Glitter Noir
- FOUR pearl formulas (as of this writing): Crimson Gloss, Hot Chocolate, Purple Haze, and Blue Odyssey. (You could also count the Classic Silver and Classic Gold in that category, too, I guess.)
- Other colors include Clear, Classic White, Serenity Blue, Jet Black, Ballerina Pink, Soft Lilac, and Jade.
And of course, I made you a little video demonstrating Nuvo Embossing Powders, discussing the formulations, chatting about storage, and even some samples:
And now for a few of those samples up close:
I’m personally loving the colors, and the melt is smooth and even. I feel like I’m re-discovering the joy of heat embossing!
As always, I’m interested in your thoughts. Please leave a comment below!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
Susan Lang says
Great review of these products. I am tempted to get the glitter noir, love anything sparkly. Here is my question. After you have embossing the powder, does the glitter rub off? I hate glitter that rubs off. Next thing I know it is on my face, the dog and in my lunch. Luckily, they have finally started making sparkly paper that does not rub off. Thanks for taking the time to answer this.
I rubbed the Glitter Noir vigorously, and a little DID come off on my fingers. However, this was a very minimal amount and the glitter effect stays on the paper. It’s far and away better than using loose glitter and glue. 🙂 Hope this helps, -J
Bunny Vance says
Thank you this review. Jillian was sent the white to try. We have always been Ranger embossing people. However using the Ranger embossing ink and Nuvo white powder, we felt like it had just as good if not better results! Your samples are great examples of the coverage it gives.