This week in the One Little Tage Craft Challenge group on FB, we are using gelatin printing as our prompt. (By the way, that is synonymous with Monoprinting, too. ) So if you are using a Gel Press, Gelli Plate, Gel Printing plate or a homemade one…. it doesn’t matter. I have 9 easy techniques to jumpstart your creativity and get you printing like a pro!
Now, since I’m self-taught, some of these techniques may have more “official” names.
All you need to do them are:
- gel printing plate of choice: I like Gelli Arts, personally.
- hard brayer
- acrylic paint
- lots of PAPER!
Here you go, in a tidy 7-minute video!
And if you wonder what to do with those papers…. well, you can make cards:
Or use them to make altered tags….
It’s really just SO MUCH FUN!
I’d love to hear which technique is YOUR favorite!
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017