Well, here were are, at the end of the year. One of the joys of our New Year’s celebration is welcoming friends into our home and having a bit of wine or champagne. I was thinking about that old phrase “Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver and the older is gold.” So I made some silver and gold toasting glasses. They are super easy to make and you can make them in about a half-hour- no kidding!
- wine glasses
- masking tape
- glass etching cream & paintbrush (optional)
- Beacon Surface Makeover glue (it dries tacky!)
- disposable cup & paintbrush
Update- here’s another idea you can skip the glass etching and just glitter the bottoms. OR you could use a “frosted effect spray” like the one from Krylon. You’ll have to hand-wash the glasses, then, or it will come off in the dishwasher. But you have options if you don’t want to use the etching cream!
First, place the masking tape about 3 inches down from the rim of the glass. Then use the etching cream to etch the bottom part of the glass and stem. (This part is optional, but I like the way it looks.)
The instructions on mine said to wait 5 minutes, but I found 10 was better. And if it turns out splotchy, just repeat the process. Rinse the etching cream according to the directions, and then dry the glass.
Next, paint the bottom of the stem with the Surface Makeover Glue. It dries SUPER tacky, so be careful not to get it on your clothes. (It washes off with soap and water while it’s still wet. After the glue is dry (it will go clear) sprinkle on your glitter.
Now you can brush off the extra with your fingers and make sure you’ve covered all the sticky bits.
NOW… fill with wine and enjoy!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017