Well, here were are, at the end of the year. One of the joys of our New Year’s celebration is welcoming friends into our home and having a bit of wine or champagne. I was thinking about that old phrase “Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver and the older is gold.” So I made some silver and gold toasting glasses. They are super easy to make and you can make them in about a half-hour- no kidding!
- wine glasses
- masking tape
- glass etching cream & paintbrush (optional)
- Beacon Surface Makeover glue (it dries tacky!)
- disposable cup & paintbrush
Update- here’s another idea you can skip the glass etching and just glitter the bottoms. OR you could use a “frosted effect spray” like the one from Krylon. You’ll have to hand-wash the glasses, then, or it will come off in the dishwasher. But you have options if you don’t want to use the etching cream!
First, place the masking tape about 3 inches down from the rim of the glass. Then use the etching cream to etch the bottom part of the glass and stem. (This part is optional, but I like the way it looks.)
The instructions on mine said to wait 5 minutes, but I found 10 was better. And if it turns out splotchy, just repeat the process. Rinse the etching cream according to the directions, and then dry the glass.
Next, paint the bottom of the stem with the Surface Makeover Glue. It dries SUPER tacky, so be careful not to get it on your clothes. (It washes off with soap and water while it’s still wet. After the glue is dry (it will go clear) sprinkle on your glitter.
Now you can brush off the extra with your fingers and make sure you’ve covered all the sticky bits.
NOW… fill with wine and enjoy!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018