It’s that time of year again- time to look back on my crafty resolutions and check in with my progress. It’s also time to set some NEW goals for my blog, crafting and for myself.
First, let’s look back on what my goals were for 2012 and see how I did!
- 2012 Goal #1: Use it up. (Daily.) I had a goal to use up my fabric stash by making a quilt block every week and then swapping with my quilt-making girlfriend.
I HAVE FAILED MISERABLY ON THIS!!! I had intended on trying to sew every week. But in reality, I needed that table space for other projects…so the sewing machine got put away…and never saw the light of day again! I might need a more reasonable goal next time. Maybe a block a month?
- 2012 Goal #2: Spread some handmade joy.(Weekly) Every week planned to take some time to send a homemade card, letter, ATC, or bag of ephemera to someone.
SUCCESS!! I did send out more handmade goodies, mostly in the form of gifts, donations, and cards. I started sending cards to Operation Write Home, so now I’m using up my stash AND spreading handmade joy. I’m going to continue this one for next year, too. : )
- 2012 Goal #3: Make my own art. (Monthly) I decided I needed to make time to nurture my own art and honor my own stories.
Well, maybe not so much. I did some art journaling and art quilting, but again I only met my goal about 1/2 the time. I’m hoping to keep this one for next year, too.
So now…here are my new goals! I like to set them up in Daily, Weekly, and Monthly goals.
Let me just take a minute to remind you that in order to really set a resolution, it’s a good idea to make it a measurable goal. That is, ask yourself “how much, how often, how long, when, where” etc-then you can really focus on MEETING the goal.
For example, saying that you’ll keep your craft table clean is pretty ambiguous. But setting a goal to clean up your space for 10 minutes before (or after) crafting 80% of the time is a measurable and therefore achievable goals.
DAILY: Keep that studio of mine in better working order. I need to make sure I make time to tidy up either BEFORE or AFTER each crafting session- maybe both! I plan to set a timer on my phone and spend 10 minutes to make my space cleaner and therefore more efficient. I have been known to spend 10 minutes looking for the right pair of scissors that are “lost” under the pile on my desk. Hopefully this goal will recoup that lost time!
WEEKLY: Create video content for my YouTube Channel. I’ve started this a little early, but now I’m ready to formally set the goal of creating a minimum of 1 new video per week. Between that and the CHA videos we create, I’m hoping to see about 100 new videos go up on our channel by the end of 2013! (PS- if you haven’t subscribed to my YouTube Channel yet, now would be a great time. Some videos never even make it here to the blog. : )
MONTHLY: I’ve got more than one in this category. The first goal is to…
- Purge! I have so many tools, papers, half-used kits, etc, sometime I just have to let go of it. I’m planning some giveaways, Ebay selling, and judicious donations. Keep an eye on the CTD Facebook page for notifications of the Ebay listings!
- Donate!! I had such a good time making Operation Write Home cards this year, I’m going to continue the trend. It’s a fun way for me to use up odd-and-ends of supplies while doing something nice! I’m also planning to make more donations to my kids school and the Art Therapy Studio.
I have some major new things going on in my life too…can’t share them just yet, but it will mean less time in the studio and more travelling. But I think I can keep on top of these goals even with the new responsibilities.
OK…now it’s YOUR turn! In the spirit of PURGING, I’m going to giveaway on Slice Tool kit from Making Memories this week!
Now for the legal mumbo-jumbo!
- To win this Tool Kit, please leave me a comment below with at least ONE of your New Year’s Crafty Resolutions- one that you will be working on Daily, Weekly, or Monthly! (PS, generic comments will not count as entries.)
- The Giveaway will be open for one week (1/6/12) and a winner will be chosen at random.
- Winner must reside in USA OR be willing to pay shipping to their country of origin along with duties and taxes that may occur.
- CTD is not responsible for loss in the mail. #JustSayin
- Giveaway prize is worth $20 USD. No cash equivalent will be awarded.
- You do NOT need to leave your email address; my blog captures that.
OK, there you go. Leave me a comment! I can’t wait to hear YOUR goals for 2013!!
UPDATE: a Winner has been chosen! Congrats to :
Author: Dee in NH
I like your 10 minute cleaning goal! I had been thinking 15 min. but 10 minutes sounds so much more doable and I really want to stick to it. I’m going to steal your 10 minute rule.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018