Last year I composed a series of three posts to flesh out my resolutions for 2010- to clean out my studio with charitable intentions, to branch out and cross-pollinate, and to use a word prompt. I th0ught before I committed to making NEW New Year’s Crafty Resolutions,Â should see how I lived up to last year, right?
On Charitable Intentions: Actually, I’m way ahead of the came on this one! I spent all last week on Crafting Spaces for Spaces to Craft (a 5-part series) and YES, I cleaned up, sorted out, and got together some great bags that are heading to quilting friends, a non-profit daycare, and my kid’s elementary school.
On Branching Out: I actually had 3 objectives: to branch out, and try new things; to cross-pollinate and share new experiences with other crafters an bloggers; and to Collaborate and try some guest-posting and offer that opportunity to other crafty bloggers. So…again, I did pretty well on this. I didn’t push my boundaries as an artist as much as I’d wanted to (working for a national crafting company put a dent in my time), but I did try some new craft products out in the spirit of reviewing them. As for cross-pollinating, I did paritcipate in someÂ in some challenges and certainly met some wonderful crafters and designers who are influencing my growth (This includes monthly crafting dates and participating in TweetChats like #crafterminds and #craftsocial). As for collaborating? Well, you’ve seen some guest posters here and I’ve reciprocated in kind. CHECK!
Word Prompts for Creativity: This was the idea that I would choose a word prompt and make one piece of art a month that is inspired that that word. I chose…CHOOSE and made a swell polymer clay pendant. And then I promptly (pardon the pun) forgot all about it! Whoops. Life got in the way, and as I mentioned, I was working from home as well as doing this blog. So this one went no where. Oops.
Well, two out of three ain’t bad.
In any event, it think it’s good to really reflect on my progress or lack thereof…hopefully, as I continue to reflect, I’ll set some really good, worthwhile, and achievable goals for 2011.
How did you do on your crafty goals?
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017