Many of you know that I love to make cards, so a dry adhesive is a must. I’ve owned a Xyron-well, actually, MANY of them- for years. I still have a 5 inch model and the 9-inch Creative Station hanging out in the studio. Now the folks at Xyron have redesigned it, though, so it will accept both kinds of cartridges!
Disclosure: Samples provided for review purposes; however my opinions are honest and my own and based on my first-hand experience. I was not financially compensated for this review/video nor does the product company have any control over it’s content.
So let’s hear what the website had to say about it:
A bold new design and great new features add even more versatility to the all-in-one Xyron Creative Station™. Adding adhesive, magnet or laminate to your projects has never been easier. Now you can use both 5in and 9in Creative Station cartridges letting you replace 2 of your machines with this one sleek gadget. Save space at home and waste less by changing the refill size to fit the project. When you upgrade to the new Creative Station, you will love using the same patented cartridges you have always trusted for your most important projects. (Retails $89.00 USD.)
So how is it really different? Well, you’ll notice the obvious design difference.
Now this is the 9″ version. Let’s see the new convertible option!
But you can also remove the 9″ cartridge, flip up an adaptor, and use your 5″ width cartridges, too!
I made you a video so you could see it in action.
And if you’d like even more information about the Xyron, you can see my original review here.
And… one of my most popular videos (still)- how to make your own washi tape using the Xyron!
Aww. Look how rugged my early videos were! And those highlights!!! But I digress.
If you would interested in the new redesigned Xyron you can find it on Amazon (for under $65) , Michaels, or JoAnn’s. (Who’s got a coupon??)
And lastly- as I mentioned in the video- if you like to use watercolor paints or inks and your paper buckles, the Xyron is a life-saver because the adhesive goes edge-to-edge and your cards/projects lay nice and flat!
Stay tuned- we have more Xyron fun coming!
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017