Yesterday I got an intriguing email from Silhouette America announcing new products! (Remember the good old days when companies used the CHA summer show for their big releases? Sigh.) Anyway, we haven’t seen a new machine from Silhouette in quite a while, so this REALLY caught my attention- and now TWO? Introducing the Silhouette Mint ( a stamping machine) and the Curio (a new mixed-media diecutter.)
Note: all of this information is taken from the websites- there are no machines yet available for review.
Let’s start with the Mint, since it’s completely unlike anything that Silhouette has put out before. The MSRP on this is $150.00
Silhouette Mint™ Stamping Machine
The Silhouette Mint™ is the most innovative and powerful custom stamping system on earth. The machine is a thermal printer which uses special inserts that react to the heat, creating 3D reliefs of the design on your stamp sheet. It is built on powerful, custom software called Silhouette Mint Studio. Mint Studio is the key that unlocks countless design options. Like Silhouette Studio®, Mint Studio has access to the most diverse design library around: the Silhouette Design Store. Customers can either download a new design to convert it into a stamp or use an existing design in their personal design library.
There are many other ways of creating a perfect stamp, including the following:
- Turning text into a stamp using any font from your computer
- Creating your own design from within Mint Studio
- Importing any image into Mint Studio to create your stamp
- Turning a photo into an amazingly detailed stamp
- Combining any or all of these options to create whatever you can imagine
With Silhouette Mint™, you can transform your design into a stamp in just minutes.
- Silhouette Mint™ stamping machine
- 15 mm x 60 mm stamp kit
- 30 mm x 30 mm stamp kit
- 4 ink bottles in black, red, blue, and yellow
- Power cord
- USB cord
- Software installation CD
- Quick Start Guide
- Additional inks available
Here’s a quick video- but it doesn’t show us much.
Next up is the Curio. This bad boy has ALL the whistles and bells…for under $250 MSRP.
Here’s the info:
Meet the Silhouette Curio™. This machine is more than a cutting tool. It can cut, emboss, sketch, stipple, and etch—and that’s just the beginning.
The Curio is taking giant leaps forward with its new features. Along with the new stippling and etching functions, Silhouette is proud to introduce three types of embossing methods—regular emboss, Score & Emboss, and Print & Emboss. Because of Silhouette’s new dual carriage, you can also emboss and perform another function—like sketching or cutting—in one pass.
With Curio, you can now cut thicker material. The Curio boasts a 5mm clearance, which works in conjunction with Silhouette’s new deep-cut blade and adjustable base. Together, these three new features and tools allow makers to use entirely new project pallets, such as woods, foils, thicker leathers, and more.
It’s all driven by powerful Silhouette Studio® software and the Silhouette Design Store. Every design in your library can now be repurposed for embossing, stippling, and etching projects. The Curio is the only machine that can unlock the embossing, stippling, and etching, and dual carriage options that will now be available in Silhouette Studio®.
- 8.5 in. x 6 in. base
- 8.5 in. x 6 in. cutting mat
- 8.5 in. x 6 in. embossing mat
- Fine embossing tip
- Wide embossing tip
- AC adapter
- USB cord
- Software CD
So yeah, I’m intrigued. I have to admit that I have “machine fatigue” after years of watching Cricut come up with something new every 6 months to a year….but Silhouette has proven that they can build a great machine and add functionality without reinventing the whole wheel and making their former machines obsolete before we’ve even finished paying them off!
My respect for Silhouette has grown exponentially in the past year with their foray into the quilting market, the release of the PixScan mat, immense (and cheap!) image library, and high-quality free software. I can’t wait to see these machines in action and try them out!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY & GIVEAWAY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017