Lovers of craft shows, REJOICE! Crafter and designer Mark Montano of the “Big Ass” series of crafting books, as well as “10 Years Younger” on the Style Network, has announced that he’s bringing a brand-new crafting show to a public broadcasting station near you.
Based off of his YouTube webseries “Make Your Mark,” the new show bears the same name and will feature 5 projects in each half hour. He says in the following YouTube announcement video that that many of the projects will be new versions of his Big Ass Books crafts, as well as new content.
Mark also says that there will frequent guests, including Peter Marr (who will be adding carpentry skills); Kelly Nishimoto, a fashion designer with mad sewing skills; and Meiko, a musical artist. (Huh? We’ll see about that one.) Kristen Turner from popular craft blog Glitter N Glue is also scheduled to be on board.
The series seems to be sponsored by E-600o, Krylon, and Plaid, with support from FaveCrafts.com- Mark mentions that you’ll see those products in every show and FaveCrafts will host some bonus content.
Take a look at the video announcement Mark released on May 4th 2013:
As with all PBS shows, each market/area does their own programming- so make sure you contact your local station and ask for it to be carried, and consult the listings for when it will air.
Personally, I’m thrilled that there is a new crafting show hitting the airwaves and love Mark’s easy-going and fun style in his videos. After the debacle of Craft Wars, it’s good to see a real, honest-to-goodness crafting show aimed at teaching, entertaining, and building UP crafters instead of pitting them against each other.
Good on you, Mark, and thank you to his sponsors!
I’m tuning in…how about you?
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017