Just when you thought the Cricut brand was all but dead (and they skipped CHA so there was no reason to believe otherwise) the folks at ProvoCraft launch something brand-new- the Cricut Explore.
- Cricut Explore™ – The world’s easiest design-and-cut system for making polished creative DIY projects. DIY crafters can go from inspiration to creation in just a few clicks. The Cricut Explore™ system blends:
- An electronic cutting machine
- Easy-to-use online design software
- A 50,000+ image library with hundreds of ready-to-make projects
- Cricut Design Space™ – Free online software for the Cricut Explore™ that lets users design and create their own projects as well as browse and make Cricut®-designed projects in minutes.
- Make It Now™ Projects – DIYers can select from hundreds of pre-designed projects (home decor, paper crafts, parties, holiday decor, etc.) that they can start making in just the click of a button
- Canvas Templates – DIYers can personalize and make their own creations for popular items (t-shirts, iPad cases, pillows, invitations, cards, etc.)
- “Cut What You Want®” – DIYers also have the freedom to upload images and fonts from the Web or their computers
- Cut Smart™ – Patent-pending technology that cuts, writes or scores a variety of materials with incredible precision. It features dual carriage heads:
- One carriage head with a premium German carbide blade for cutting
- A secondary carriage head for drawing or writing with a pen or marker
- Smart Set™ – A material selection dial that works with Cut Smart™ technology to eliminate the need to make pressure, depth and speed adjustments.
- With a turn of the dial, DIYers can easily alternate between cutting multiple materials: paper, vinyl, iron on, cardstock, fabric and poster board and more
- Also includes a custom option that can be preset to a desired material of choice, like chipboard, craft foil or magnetic materials
- Out of the Box – Each Cricut Explore™ machine comes with a simple guide and a selection of materials—including cardstock, iron-on, vinyl and two Duck Tape® Sheets—so DIYers can immediately make any of the 50 free projects.
- Pricing & Availability
- Cricut Explore™ – $299 MSRP
- Debuts on the Home Shopping Network February
- Available at retail March 15th
- Other retail partners include Amazon, Jo-Ann, Michaels, Walmart.com and more
- Cricut Explore™ – $299 MSRP
- Cricut Design Space™
- Individual images – Starting from $0.99
- No-commitment monthly subscriptions, access to 25,000 images and over 200 fonts – $9.99
- Annual subscriptions, access to 25,000 images and over 200 fonts – $99.99
It also looks much simpler to use than the Expression2- no screens. just a dial to set the material you are cutting.
It would stand to reason that you use digital software to prepare your images. Is there even a port for your existing carts?
Here’s a video demo:
So…what do you think? Will this regain some of the fans/crafters lost to the Silhouette system? Does drawing and cutting simultaneously change the game for you?
Weigh in below!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017