I’ve finally finished my samples for my June class…. right under the wire! I made a bunch of samples, actually, because for the first time class participants will get to decide what they are going to make. I’m offerening charms for jewelry or scrapbooking, candle embellishments, magnets, or pins.
(This may not go over well. I’ve been told that people are more project-based, rather than process-based. This can be tough for me, because I want to teach folks the technique, then get creative with it.)
So, I got creative with my sheet of red-white-and blue star mokume gane clay, and I made these things:
I’m particularly happy with the necklace, of all things. I made the star charms with eyelet centers, expecting to use them on a scrapbook page…. but then I got all inspired with beading wire, crystals, and crimp beads.
If you are interested in the classes I teach, check out my “craft classes with Jenny” link!
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017