Here in New York City, my kids JUST went back to school- we are a full three weeks behind some of our friends! But it’s still in that “back to school” zone, right? So I wanted to share this craft and video I designed for my friends at Creativity for Kids on their Just add imagination channel– a “tie-dye” style notebook.
Wanna know a secret? This journal is actually for ME.
Ever since I was a kid I loved back-to-school. New crayons, new clothes, new backpack, new pencils, new watercolors…. and a fresh start with new teacher and maybe even some new friends.
I still get that feeling every September- the urge to get some new pencils, and craft supplies and new notebook. Last year I bought a Kiki K journal, and failed miserable. So this year I’m going to try bullet jounaling instead, and all you need is a plain notebook.
Um, plain? Not so much.
Have you met me?
So that was my real inspiration for this “kid’s craft.” Now you now my dirty little secret!!
Anyway, back to the craft. Here is the video I created for them- it’s only 2 1/2 minutes long, and you can pretty much see how it’s done!
If you’d like the step out directions or the full supply list, head on over to the Creativity Connection blog and you can get more information!
So…. I’d love to hear from you- who out there LOVES back-to-school as an adult, and uses it as an excuse to treat yourself to new supplies? I know I’m not alone!! What is your favorite “school” supply? Let me know in a comment!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018