Here in New York City, my kids JUST went back to school- we are a full three weeks behind some of our friends! But it’s still in that “back to school” zone, right? So I wanted to share this craft and video I designed for my friends at Creativity for Kids on their Just add imagination channel– a “tie-dye” style notebook.
Wanna know a secret? This journal is actually for ME.
Ever since I was a kid I loved back-to-school. New crayons, new clothes, new backpack, new pencils, new watercolors…. and a fresh start with new teacher and maybe even some new friends.
I still get that feeling every September- the urge to get some new pencils, and craft supplies and new notebook. Last year I bought a Kiki K journal, and failed miserable. So this year I’m going to try bullet jounaling instead, and all you need is a plain notebook.
Um, plain? Not so much.
Have you met me?
So that was my real inspiration for this “kid’s craft.” Now you now my dirty little secret!!
Anyway, back to the craft. Here is the video I created for them- it’s only 2 1/2 minutes long, and you can pretty much see how it’s done!
If you’d like the step out directions or the full supply list, head on over to the Creativity Connection blog and you can get more information!
So…. I’d love to hear from you- who out there LOVES back-to-school as an adult, and uses it as an excuse to treat yourself to new supplies? I know I’m not alone!! What is your favorite “school” supply? Let me know in a comment!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017