HAPPY NATIONAL MOD PODGE DAY!
I’m thrilled to be participating in National Mod Podge Day (did you know there was such a thing?) with a fresh DIY craft project from yours truly and a special giveaway package from our pals a PLAID.
First things first- let’s get crafty! I found a cheap-o hexie box at a craft store ($1.49 y’all!!!) and some cute napkins at a discount store, so I knew I wanted to use these thrifty items to make something special for my daughter’s nautical-themed room.
Here’s a list of the supplies I used: (Some are affiliate links and I will get a small commission- but it’s no added cost to you.)
- Small wood box
- Printed napkins
- Furniture Mod Podge (it has a satin finish and dries super hard- no stickiness!
- Coastal Paint in Seal Gray, Poolside, High Tide, Sea Salt, and Largo Blue
- Krylon 18K gold leafing pen
- Hot Glue Gun & Sticks
- Starfish or Seashell (you can also use resin shapes)
- Wood Beads
I made you this video to take you through step by step!
- Don’t forget to separate the plies of the napkins. Use only one! And don’t stress out over little wrinkles or tears.
- I used 5 colors of paint, applied in thin coats (really, almost like dry brushing) to get the effect I wanted. But you can use whatever colors you like and don’t have to go overboard.
- Krylon leafing pen is my favorite leafing pen in the world, and it works great over the top of the Furniture Mod Podge.
- If you don’t want to add the beads for feet, you could always just glue some felt on the bottom.
I love this project and am really proud of how it turned out. This one will probably hold my daughter’s jewelry, but you could also keep it in the bathroom to hold extra soap, or keep it full of shells and sea glass you collect on your adventures!
CONGRATS TO JEN- OUR WINNER!
So awesome, right?? And now you are inspired to get crafty so YOU NEED THIS!!! We are doing an easy-entry giveaway. You enter by commenting. You may enter THREE TIMES. Here’s what you do. Enter and leave a comment telling us what MOD PODGE formula you like best! Join my email list and leave me a SECOND COMMENT that you are a subscriber. (There’s a box in the sidebar.) Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and leave me a THRID COMMENT that you are a YOUTUBE BUDDY. 🙂 Easy! The MP prize pack is for US residents- but if you are overseas, you can still enter- I’ll mail you a package with Coastal Texture Paint! So no reason not to enter. I’ll post a winner ON THIS POST on Friday, May 26th as well as notifying winner (s) via email. You will have 36 hours to respond, or I will draw another winner. OH! And if you want MORE ModPodge goodness, check out this link for LIVE crafting today! https://plaidonline.com/modpodge50
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017