Or tote, or purse. Whatever. For my Mom’s birthday, she asked me to make her one of these “boutique bags.” I’d purchased instructions from an e-bay seller, and made up one for myself as a sample. Mom selected two coordinating prints from the collections I’d bought from Keepsake Quilting, and I made a bag up for her in an afternoon.
The bag has 3 pockets built in, and I use the really stiff Peltex 72 (fusible on both sides) for the interfacing. This bag stands up all by itself!
I have to admit, I think it turned out well… I added the 3 Swarovski buttons on the front for a little bling. Folks who know me know I LOVE Swarovskis….and a little sparkle never hurts!
Now I’ve got the hang of them, I think I’ll be making more….
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017