Well, my friends- there is a first time for everything, and this week was the first time…. my site was hacked! It was a very stressful 36 hours, but thanks to an amazing friend and technical guru, CTD was hacked, secured, blacklisted by Google and cleared all within 48 hours. I’m happy to report that there was no damage to anything except my state of mind, and for the most part the week went fairly normally.
First, let’s announce the winner for theÂ Pinata Inks Giveaway, sponsored by Jacquard! We had over 100 entries, and my blog template chose the winner at random this AM. Congrats to:
Author: Krisa Comment: permalinkFavorite technique is the fragment coloring- I never thought about using a Baggie to do small parts and that just brilliant!
Well, Krisa, thank you!Â I hope you’ll have lots of fun playing with these amazing inks. I really love them, and I think you will, too! (And if you missed the Pinata Inks review, you might want to check it out.)
There were some cool posts this week on CTD, including:
- Ways to Store Washi/Paper Tape
- Review of the Swaggerdoodle Collage Frame
- Review of the Art-C Glitter mists, contributed by #TeamCTD member Sara
- “Leap Day” collection of frog-themed craft tutorialsÂ (it’s a linky party and still open, if you’d like to link up!)
- Two videos on the Mixed Media Tag Books I made for a swap
- and post by new contributor Juliann, who alerts us to the Perils of Pinterest– legal issues you should know about!
So, one last thing to share before I wrap up the week. If you like recycling crafts or polymer clay, you really should click over to Lisa Pavelka’s new site, 365 Days of Lip Service. Every day (yes, EVERY DAY) she is creating, photographing, and writing her story about makingÂ polymer clay art on the top of a Carmex Lip Balm container. I love how she is being creative on such a small surface- and so far she is only 2 months into the project. I can’t wait to see how her work evolves over the whole year! And if the article on the Perils of Pinterest hasn’t turned you off on the service, you can follow her project on her 365 Days of Lip Service Board.
Now…back to some Lorax crafting….. : )
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017