It’s been a while since I did a “My Favorite Things” post…and this one is long overdue. I’m in love with BOXES.
As you can imagine, I have a TON of crafty stuff. And it’s almost a full-time job trying to keep it all organized!
You know what happens when you don’t?
It takes you forever to FIND what you want to craft with, and by the time you DO, you are out of time. (And patience!)
So I’ve been working with an organizer (Joe Barto, the founder of FarBeyondOrganized.com) and earlier this summer he helped me do a purge and get organized. One of the big projects was my craft closet. We had to weed out a bunch of stuff I don’t use much and THEN decide how to organize what was left. He helped me see that I needed some additional shelving (and even went and got the boards custom-cut for me!)
Then it was up to me to sort and label all of my materials. For these, I organized by product category. And I used these Creative Options Project Boxes (affiliate link) and my Epson Labeler to get my craft supplies under control!!!
And I fell in love with the boxes, for reals.
I love that they stack so well, are SUPER sturdy, and allow me to SEE and pull out my materials for crafting. It’s saving me a TON of time!!! Everything is RIGHT THERE, at a glance.
I made a little video to show you more about them!
Sadly, they are no longer available on Costco.com- they must have recently sold out!!!
But you can still find a set of 5 for under $50 with free shipping. (Affiliate link.)
Anyway, I love my “new” closet and my organized area.
And a big thanks to Joe (visit FarBeyondOrganized on Facebook, too) for helping me out!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018