I love a good challenge. And I really love it when I get to craft with someone I admire and respect. So this week I was doubly-happy when Vicki O’Dell (the Creative Goddess) visited CTD WHQ (CraftTestDummies World Headquarters) and we cracked into a new box of goodies from the Martha Stewart Crafts “Stitched” line from EK Success. Here’s what we had to work with:
We received a lovely selection of paper, tags, labels, borders, and stickers. We both loved the vintage-quilt feel and bright color palette. It almost sings “Mother’s Day!” So… we decided to make a Mother’s Day present with basic tools and the products from the line. We also just picked from the ready-to-embellish items I have in my craft vault. I chose this narrow clipboard:
Since it already has a smooth, finished surface, I used an adhesive tape runner to affix a piece of pretty patterned paper. Then I added a border along the left hand side with foam squares. I even added some extra dimensional stickers to add extra texture!
And don’cha want to know what Vicki made? Well, you’ll have to visit her blog here to see!
But stay tuned…tomorrow I’ll show you the companion card I made!
Have you make a gift for your favorite motherly-type-person yet? This would make a great teacher gift, too!
If you are interested in purchasing the Martha Stewart Crafts “Stitched” collection, please support crafty goodness at CraftTestDummies and use our affiliate links:
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017