Mother’s Day is looming- and after making the Mini-Clipboard for my gift idea, of course I needed a card to match. Luckily, I have my Elmer’s adhesives and X-Acto tools on hand to make crafting my card a snap. First, I’ll show you the finished card:
By the way, if you misjudge the size- like I did- you can trim off the excess easily with a Metal-Edge Ruler, Self-Healing Mat, and Gripster Craft Knife- all from the Designer Series from X-Acto. (Did you know that X-Acto is part of the Elmer’s brand?)
I needed to trim down my border because it was 12 inches long. So I pulled out my X-Acto Designer Series 5″ precision-tip scissors to carefully cut out along the detail of the image- it’s so much cuter than just a straight, boring line.
Since I wanted this border to “Pop” off of the card a bit, I used CraftBond Foam Mounting Tape. For longer or bigger embellishments, it’s perfect- it adds stability so that it won’t get crushed in the mail.
Next, to make the INSIDE of the card- because it should be as lovely as the outside- I stamped the sentiment and then cut a lovely oval shape with the Designer Series Basic Shapes Templates and my Gripster Craft Knife.
Again, I used my trusty Dot-Runner to stick it down, then added some embellishment stickers to finish it off.
BUT WAIT! Don’t send that pretty card in a boring envelope! I added the rest of my paper border to the envelope with my Elmer’s All-Purpose Glue StickÂ and then finished it off with a bit of Designer Tape in the red gingham pattern. It goes PERFECTLY with the Martha Stewart Stitched papers I was using!
Now I’m all set for Mother’s Day.
I encourage YOU to make your gifts for Mom (or Auntie, or whomever has helped “mother” you or your kids). If you need inspiration, there is a cool new Elmer’s Craft-It Facebook Community.Â There are ideas and tips galore- so if you need to be inspired, I recommend “Liking” the page and checking it out!
Disclosure: this is a sponsored post by Elmer’s Brands. Products were provided in exchange for promotion. All ideas and content are solely mine.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018