So, my “Stamped Resin Bangles” went up on CraftsUnleashed.com yesterday, and I was pretty pleased with the results. It’s a stamped-and-painted paper strip that’s then decoupaged into the resin form that comes from ConsumerCrafts.com.Â (See the full tutorial HERE.)
Of course, when you are designing crafts for an international craft-supply company, you use only what they carry, right? However, after I created the craft using their products, I started rummaging around my studio for other ways to trick out these bangles.
I pulled out some Magenta “Peel Offs” stickers, some origami paper, and some Precious Metals Paints by Viva Decor and come up with another version .
I found that true origami paper- the stuff with the high linen content- takes very well to the Mod Podge. I used some gold accent stickers (!) on the on on the left.
I am totally in love with the black Magenta Paisley stickers, so I used them in this duo- a ring AND a bangle!
I also have to say that I feel that the real “finishing touch” is the Precious Metals Paints (read my review of those HERE) on the interior. It helps seal the layers and add that “brushed metal” look.
Disclosure: ConsumerCrafts.com supplied me with the materials to make the bangle for their blog, www.CraftsUnleashed.com, but I purchased my own materials for the subsequent designs featured on this blog.
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017