Disclosure: sample provided for review, but all opinions are my own and based on my first-hand experience with the product.
The Mod Melter is the new and improved all purpose glue gun designed by Cathie & Steve to improve upon the design of the traditional glue gun.
6 foot electrical cord
Large easy control trigger
Built in stand
Silicone soft grip
Silicone covered tip
The Mod Melter is the perfect tool to use to fill Mod Podge Mod Molds with Mod Melts – make beautiful embellishments for a variety of projects. The sleek design allows the crafter to hold the tool above the molds and fill them with ease and in their eyesight.
Perfect for general crafting, paper crafting, home décor, floral décor and more!
Let’s take a closer look!
Now, you can use it with your Mod Molds, but of course you can use it for traditional hot-gluing, too. And you can use it with other silicone/rubber molds.
A few things I noticed with the Mod Melter. First, it has a wider tip than a my “regular” hot glue gun. Secondly, this thing gets HOT.
So hot, in fact, that I caution you to be careful around the orange tip AND the pink silicone guard on the metal nozzle. These are both so hot that you can only graze them without hurting yourself. I would not recommend this for children.
Also, between the wider tip and the high heat, the glue sticks or Mod Melts just drip out of the tip. This is not a problem, per se, but you should take care to have a heat pad like the Mod Melts Hot Glue Gun Helpers under it so that you don’t end up with globs all over the table. They just peel off of the Hot Glue Gun Helpers mat.
Want to see it in action? I made this video for you!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018