OK, so I decided to share my “original” Boo Boo Box- the one I made about 5 years ago when my little guy was still little! This one isn’t as fancy as the one I shared yesterday, but it gave me the idea.
The “Original” was made from mostly recycled materials- a cardboard box that I salvaged was decoupaged with left-over Christmas tissue paper. I then sponge-painted some gold paint & drew over it with a silver Sharpie to make the hearts.
The decorations on top were some rusty metal heart shapes, wire, and leftover beads from another project. The corrugated black cardboard & torn paper label give it a more “folk-primitive feel.”
And then there’s a secret message inside…
Hope this inspires you to make your own Boo-Boo Box to keep handy- or maybe make one to keep at Grandma’s house? It would make such a cute and thoughtful little gift!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY & GIVEAWAY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017