The idea for doing stamping block techniques (or block prints) came from a viewer on Periscope– she asked if I had any ideas for using stamping blocks in mixed-media art. Since I’m really upping my mixed-media game for our One Little Tag challenge, I created this mini-class for our Facebook Group and demonstrated it live for Persicope.
Just a note: This is a replay of a live broadcast from Periscope- you can join me there by following @CraftTestDummy! It’s lots of fun as you can follow along, chat and meet other crafty folks right on your mobile phone. If that’s not your thing, I still edit and condense those videos down and bit and share them on YouTube as you see here.
Some links contained in the post are affiliate links.
The materials I used in this stamping block technique class are:
- Stamping Blocks. mine are from Plaid, but there are also great ones from Blockwalla and Michael’s has their own line. You can read my review of the Plaid Stamping Blocks for more information!
- Stamping ink. I like Memento luxe, but use a Pigment Pad of your choice. You can read my review of the Memento Luxe for more info, too!
- Gelatin Printing Plate. I’ve done a comparision of Gelli Printing Plates, but I really like my Homemade Gelatin Plate best! The one with glycerine is preserved, so it won’t dry out!
- Oil Paint Sticks. I use Shiva Oil Sticks and I’ve reviewed/demo’d them here…the iridescent ones are stunning!
- Acrylic Paint. For paper, I use a lot of the Martha Stewart Multi-surface because it’s fluid enough for the process and has a nice pigment load. (Review here.) For fabric the Plaid’s Fabric Creations is great! (Review here.) But use what you like or have on hand.
Now… are you ready? I’ve got FOUR stamping block techniques in SIX minutes!! (Plus some good tips and tricks!)
I hope you enjoyed this stamping block technique video and you are inspired to get crafting with stamping blocks!
Have you used stamping blocks? I’d love to hear how- leave me a comment!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017