I love a good craft challenge or blog hop- every now and then I need a creative kick in the pants, you know? So today I’m participating in the Industrial Chic Blog Hop and can’t wait to show you what I made!
But first, here’s a bit about SLK Industrial Chic:
Industrial Chic is a Michaels® Exclusive by Susan Lenart Kazmer™. A variety of ready-made elements combine to make these unique industrial pieces inspired by urban chic designs.
Industrial Chic™ is a found object jewelry component collection designed by mixed media artist Susan Lenart Kazmer, and manufactured by Horizon Group USA. Industrial Chic™ was created for jewelry designers of all levels. Become your very own builder of talisman.
Pendants, charms, findings, and chain are available in several finishes to mix and match to create your own individual style. Each charm, a work of art. Each pendant, a reminder of a life past. Each piece, a journey of its own. Created by Susan Lenart Kazmer for you to become a designer of the Industrial Chic™ look yourself.
I have long admired Susan and her work- it’s amazing.
Wanna see what I was sent? I make a wee video:
So now I’ll show you what I made!
I was captivated by the frames….they just drew me in! I used a “Lucky Money” Chinese money envelope and the Ice Resin with the frame to create a focal component.
Then I used some other Industrial Chic components to make the necklace. (Yes, I did make a run to Michael’s for more stuff!) I also created some of my own charms using a bead cap and some stray glass beads.
I really like the finished piece- who’da thunk that it started off as an envelope??
Make sure you head over to see the rest of the participants in the hop!
- Friday, August 10 Barbe St. John http://barbesaintjohn.blogspot.com/
- Saturday, August 11 Cheryl Bodkin-Waters http://blog.artsyfindings.com/
- Sunday, August 12 Cindi Bisson http://fatcatcreations.blogspot.com/
- Monday, Aug 13 Gretchen McHale http://www.studio320jewelry.com/blog/
Disclosure: materials shown were provided.
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018