Hey Crafty Friends! Let’s have some messy fun today and create shaving cream paint! I know that usually it’s used with the kids for finger painting, but you can take it to a whole ‘nother level by using stencils and a heat gun to create layers of translucent color and freckled textures.
I have this video for you- I was originally an hour-long Periscope. (By the way, you don’t need the Periscope app to watch anymore- you can see the replays right on my Periscope channel.) However, I did some editing and now it’s a tidy 8 1/2 minutes.
I’ve done this technique on watercolor paper, heavy cardstock, manilla folders…. they all work great!
Sadly, I left a lot of my paper behind in Ohio so I don’t have samples to show you…but I have a feeling I’ll be making more soon!
Lastly- if you want to participate in our One Little Tag craft challenge, visit me on Facebook and join the group! It’s free, fun, and NO PRESSURE- just lots of support, ideas, and fun techniques and prompts to keep your creative juices flowing.
Have fun, and I’d love to hear if you’ve used this technique!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017