CraftTestDummies World Headquarters is located in the 3rd floor of my house. I’ve got 3 rooms & a bathroom up here to work in…and it’s still a cluttery mess. I finally hit the tipping point, though, when the extender arm for my tripod came in (which will allow me to position my camera above the table & let me work hands-free) and there was NO ROOM to put the tripod! GAH! So this last weekend I worked like a crazy person to spruce up that area.
Here are my “before” shots:
View of the photograpy area. It’s next to the windows in the front of the house, which gets great natural light.
(As you can see, it’s also the exercise area.)
You also can see how the ceiling slopes, causing a few problems of it’s own. And YES, it’s painted yellow. The walls were a celery green, which just makes everything look dingy.
So it was time to suck it up and actually do something serious about the space…and my first step was to PAINT.
Go figure, I already had a gallon of paint that I bought 3 years ago when we moved into the house. It was going to be for Hubby’s office, but then he decided that he liked the bright white that it was already painted better.
Here’s the swatch of Ambitious Amber from Sherwin Williams paint.
One of my local friends Suzy volunteered to come help- and oh, did she! With me cutting in and her rolling, we finished the room in 2 hours. NO KIDDING!
The next morning, I took these photos:
I’ve got the tripod set up, the lights in position for “fill” or night shoots, and also a stash of lovely paper on hand for backdrops, etc.
SO much nicer and cleaner! Now to clean up the mess in the “working” area of the studio….and to paint/rewallpaper the stairway. So much more to do…. : )
UPDATE:: Want to see more? I re-organized this setup in December of 2014 and I’ve got a video to show you everything! Click Making Craft Videos for YouTube to check it out!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018