It’s Memorial Day, and I’m always conflicted. Yes, it’s a day for picnics and BBQ, but saying “Happy Memorial Day” seems the wrong message….but how to you express such a complex set of emotions? It’s a day to honor our service men and women, thank our veterans, and remember our fallen soldiers.
My grandfathers both served- one in the Navy, another was a SeaBee. My dad served in Vietnam in the Navy, and my father in law was a Navy man as well. It’s important to take a moment to thank them for their service.
While we were in the Capitol a few years ago, our family got to pay our respects at the new World War II Memorial. Both of my grandfathers served in WWII and got to come home. The memorial is beautiful and massive.
We also viewed the Korean War Memorial- it was stunning. I loved the etched reflecting wall that served as a mirror to the life-sized statues of the service men, representing all of the support services that the combat troops receive.
We walked the length of “The Wall,” absorbing the sheer enormity of all of the names of the fallen Vietnam soldiers. I’m so very blessed that my dad’s name is NOT on that wall.
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017