It’s Memorial Day, and I’m always conflicted. Yes, it’s a day for picnics and BBQ, but saying “Happy Memorial Day” seems the wrong message….but how to you express such a complex set of emotions? It’s a day to honor our service men and women, thank our veterans, and remember our fallen soldiers.
My grandfathers both served- one in the Navy, another was a SeaBee. My dad served in Vietnam in the Navy, and my father in law was a Navy man as well. It’s important to take a moment to thank them for their service.
While we were in the Capitol a few years ago, our family got to pay our respects at the new World War II Memorial. Both of my grandfathers served in WWII and got to come home. The memorial is beautiful and massive.
We also viewed the Korean War Memorial- it was stunning. I loved the etched reflecting wall that served as a mirror to the life-sized statues of the service men, representing all of the support services that the combat troops receive.
We walked the length of “The Wall,” absorbing the sheer enormity of all of the names of the fallen Vietnam soldiers. I’m so very blessed that my dad’s name is NOT on that wall.
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018