It’s Memorial Day, and I’m always conflicted. Yes, it’s a day for picnics and BBQ, but saying “Happy Memorial Day” seems the wrong message….but how to you express such a complex set of emotions? It’s a day to honor our service men and women, thank our veterans, and remember our fallen soldiers.
My grandfathers both served- one in the Navy, another was a SeaBee. My dad served in Vietnam in the Navy, and my father in law was a Navy man as well. It’s important to take a moment to thank them for their service.
While we were in the Capitol a few years ago, our family got to pay our respects at the new World War II Memorial. Both of my grandfathers served in WWII and got to come home. The memorial is beautiful and massive.
We also viewed the Korean War Memorial- it was stunning. I loved the etched reflecting wall that served as a mirror to the life-sized statues of the service men, representing all of the support services that the combat troops receive.
We walked the length of “The Wall,” absorbing the sheer enormity of all of the names of the fallen Vietnam soldiers. I’m so very blessed that my dad’s name is NOT on that wall.
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017