Sometimes I’m just walking through a craft store and a product catches my eye- this was the case with the Martha Stewart Crafts Cut and Fold Punch. I have another brand of cut/fold/tuck dies, so I wondered if the punch would be easier or more versatile to use, so I picked it up to review for you. (Thank you, 40% off coupon!)
This punch comes in two parts, like the other “Anywhere on the page” punches. There are strong magnets that align the punch and hold it together, and there are directions with photos.
The cartridge and base system of the Cut and Fold Punch allows you to punch anywhere on the page. Align punched designs with the printed foil on the base for perfect spacing every time. After punching your design, fold back the flaps and tuck them under the unpunched sections to create beautiful dimensional embellishments. Create designs in a straight line, 31/2-inch circle, or 6-inch circle. Layer for additional effects. Perfect for card making, paper crafting and gifting! Detailed instructions included.
So theoretically, you can make a 6 inch circle, a 3.5 inch circle, or a row. They include 6X6 dual-sided paper so you can get a lovely 2-toned effect.
I made you a video of the unboxing, trial, and results…. take a look:
As you can probably tell from the video, I’m rather disappointed. I own a whole bunch of Martha Stewart punches and love them… but this one just doesn’t measure up- quite literally- for me.
PS… the card above was made with my Gasai Tambi watercolors. And if you are looking for another cut/fold/tuck option, I do prefer the Spellbinders dies. I know that you need a machine for those, but the accuracy is perfect.
The moral of the story- I guess not all products are winners!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018