I did a full-on, whole body “Happy Dance” when I got the invitation to Martha Stewart’s “Blogger’s Night Out” party in New York City at her Martha Stewart Omnimedia offices.
First thought: “AH! I got an invite!”(Kinda cool for little ol’ me!)
Then “OH! I get to see the offices where the magic happens!” (It’s a good thing!)
Then: “Ohhh- what ever do I WEAR?!? (I’m not kidding. This is how I think.)
I was heading to BlogHer 10 anyway, so it was perfect timing. I flew into NYC on Thursday early afternoon, then changed and took a cab to the “Mecca for Crafters”, her offices on W. 26th.Â Actually, it’s an unassuming building with lots of construction around it. Who knew?
Now, a quick side note: I didn’t take a slew of pictures. I was more interested in taking in the whole experience, you know? Enjoying the food, checking it out, soaking it up. I did take a few shots, but I also scooped a few from other bloggers. They are credited in the captions.
“Le Martha” herself was there at the beginning to address the assembled guests- but then she made a hasty adieu, so there were no photo or autograph opps.
Then we got to take a look at all of the “departments.” Of course, I made a bee-line to the Crafts table, but there was also tables representing her pets line, Everyday Food magazine, her home dec line, Weddings, and more. I think it was nice so that niche bloggers could head right toward their subject of interest. And, of course, there was fun and/or food at every station.
All in all, it was everything I thought it would be- beautiful, delicious, well-organized, and with the Martha aesthetic pervading every detail! (Oh, and little loud, too.)
What could make it better? An opportunity to get a private tour of the offices! But you have to wait for that tomorrow!!
In the meanwhile, read all about Sarah Moore’s take & watch the video of Martha’s address on CraftCritique.com. You can also see some really nice, high quality images from the MSLO photostream. Enjoy!
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017