I did a full-on, whole body “Happy Dance” when I got the invitation to Martha Stewart’s “Blogger’s Night Out” party in New York City at her Martha Stewart Omnimedia offices.
First thought: “AH! I got an invite!”(Kinda cool for little ol’ me!)
Then “OH! I get to see the offices where the magic happens!” (It’s a good thing!)
Then: “Ohhh- what ever do I WEAR?!? (I’m not kidding. This is how I think.)
I was heading to BlogHer 10 anyway, so it was perfect timing. I flew into NYC on Thursday early afternoon, then changed and took a cab to the “Mecca for Crafters”, her offices on W. 26th.Â Actually, it’s an unassuming building with lots of construction around it. Who knew?
Now, a quick side note: I didn’t take a slew of pictures. I was more interested in taking in the whole experience, you know? Enjoying the food, checking it out, soaking it up. I did take a few shots, but I also scooped a few from other bloggers. They are credited in the captions.
“Le Martha” herself was there at the beginning to address the assembled guests- but then she made a hasty adieu, so there were no photo or autograph opps.
Then we got to take a look at all of the “departments.” Of course, I made a bee-line to the Crafts table, but there was also tables representing her pets line, Everyday Food magazine, her home dec line, Weddings, and more. I think it was nice so that niche bloggers could head right toward their subject of interest. And, of course, there was fun and/or food at every station.
All in all, it was everything I thought it would be- beautiful, delicious, well-organized, and with the Martha aesthetic pervading every detail! (Oh, and little loud, too.)
What could make it better? An opportunity to get a private tour of the offices! But you have to wait for that tomorrow!!
In the meanwhile, read all about Sarah Moore’s take & watch the video of Martha’s address on CraftCritique.com. You can also see some really nice, high quality images from the MSLO photostream. Enjoy!
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017