After writing my post about the different kinds and properties of washi tape (or paper tape, or tissue tape) I started wondering how I could make my own. I’d seen some tutorials using double-sided tape, but if you use that you are limited to how wide your tape can be, as well as having to trim all of your paper by hand.
Then it hit me- the Xyron Creatopia (affiliate link) will apply a uniform dry adhesive edge-to-edge AND provide a stabilizing release paper. But would it work with gift wrapping paper or tissue? Only one way to find out!
The answer, my friends, is a resounding YES!!!
I made a little video here explaining the process:
Here are some of the paper tapes I’ve made… and like I say in the video, I am obsessed.
Have fun creating!
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017