After writing my post about the different kinds and properties of washi tape (or paper tape, or tissue tape) I started wondering how I could make my own. I’d seen some tutorials using double-sided tape, but if you use that you are limited to how wide your tape can be, as well as having to trim all of your paper by hand.
Then it hit me- the Xyron Creatopia (affiliate link) will apply a uniform dry adhesive edge-to-edge AND provide a stabilizing release paper. But would it work with gift wrapping paper or tissue? Only one way to find out!
The answer, my friends, is a resounding YES!!!
I made a little video here explaining the process:
Here are some of the paper tapes I’ve made… and like I say in the video, I am obsessed.
Have fun creating!
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017