After writing my post about the different kinds and properties of washi tape (or paper tape, or tissue tape) I started wondering how I could make my own. I’d seen some tutorials using double-sided tape, but if you use that you are limited to how wide your tape can be, as well as having to trim all of your paper by hand.
Then it hit me- the Xyron Creatopia (affiliate link) will apply a uniform dry adhesive edge-to-edge AND provide a stabilizing release paper. But would it work with gift wrapping paper or tissue? Only one way to find out!
The answer, my friends, is a resounding YES!!!
I made a little video here explaining the process:
Here are some of the paper tapes I’ve made… and like I say in the video, I am obsessed.
Have fun creating!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018