Hey Crafters! Whenever I’m at the craft store I’m always on the look out for new, or even new-to-me, products. About two weeks ago I was picking up some Montana markers at Michael’s and noticed they had empty acrylic paint markers! EMPTY PAINT MARKERS!!! I had never seen or heard of these before!
Disclosure: some links below are affiliate shopping links for your convenience.
The possibilities quickly flooded my crafty brain, but the first thought I had was of course, Distress Paint! I’m always on the hunt for a good art journaling marker, especially paint ones that are opaque and/or won’t be ruined if I use them over an already painted page. (I’ve ruined countless micron pens.) I am pleased to report that distress paints work wonderfully in these empty markers. Check out the video I did on them below for some basics, tips and tricks!
NEED THEM NOW? Buy on Amazon (affiliate)
Extra Fine: .7mm http://amzn.to/1V9kR0T
Variety Pack: http://amzn.to/1V9l3gP
One thing I wanted to note that I forgot in the video is that these are reusable! You can purchase replacement tips and use those after carefully cleaning out the marker with water! Yay!
So would you use these? Let me know what you think and if you have any questions in the comments!
- Brand New Tim Holtz & Ranger Ink Distress Oxide Review - April 12, 2017
- Rhonna Farrer Chalkboard Wall Art Tutorial – - December 15, 2016
- Make Distress Paints into MARKERS! - March 15, 2016
- CHA 2016 – Ranger Ink Designer Challenge – - January 16, 2016
- Craft Product Comparison and Overview: Ranger Ink Paints - November 11, 2015
- Product Review: Ranger Ink – Dina Wakley Media Paints and Fine Tip Applicator - August 16, 2015
- Product Review: Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Paints From Ranger Ink - June 9, 2015
- CHA 2015 – Tim Holtz Idea-ology Booth Tour - March 18, 2015
- CHA 2015 – Heidi Swapp Booth and Minc Video - March 13, 2015
- CHA 2015 – Beadalon 3D Bracelet Jig - March 12, 2015