I decided to try out Lisa Pavelka’s Magic Glos today on a polymer clay pendant I’m working on. I spread out the material, being careful to use enough product so that the edges wouldn’t pull back. Happy with my progress, I set it under the UV lamp that I bought from her. I clicked on the light, which promptly burnt out. I had only used it twice- once at home for 10 minutes, and another time for a class– maybe a 1/2 usage time.
Then I went to her website to order a replacement bulb, only to find out that the price of Magic Glos has gone up again- twice since I wrote my original review. When I bought it, it was $8.00 an ounce- pricey enough. Now it’s $9.50. Yikes!
I’m thinking I’d better find a replacement for Magic Glos, too. There’s gotta be a UV curing resin available at a better price and quantity. Anyone??
(((NOTE: I got an e-mail from Lisa Pavelka APOLOGIZING for the damaged lamp…and an offer to replace it for free. How sweet is that?? Just goes to show that when you deal with a person, verses a corporation, integrity means something. She was wonderful and replaced my lamp right away, and now I’m back to using Magic Glos happily. Read my initial review of Magic Glos here.)))
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018