I’m sharing another, girly version of this tee on CraftsUnleashed, but this one is just for the boys!
- black tee shirt
- Tulip Glitter Fabric Spray paint in gold
- Tulip Fabric Spray Paint in primary colors
- Small paper heart doilies (available at the grocery store)
- Krylong Easy-Tack Repositionable Spray
- Tulip 3-d Slick Dimensional Fabric Paint in Silver Metallic
- scrap paper and scissors
Make sure you’ve got some newspapers or plastic bags handy to catch any overspray and protect your work surface. It’s also nice to have a piece of cardboard- the cereal box kind is fine- to put inside the t-shirts to keep the spray from seeping through.
Start off by peeling off 4 paper heart doilies (or cut your own) and spray them with the repositionable adhesive spray. Arrange them in a shamrock shape in the upper left-hand corner. Using your scissors and scrap paper, cut a “j” shape to act as the shamrock’s stem. Spray that with the adhesive spray and place on the tee as well.
Using the green Fabric spray, mist the front of the tee shirt well. Here’s a tip: if you depress the nozzle about half way, you’ll get splatters- a full pump of the nozzle gives you a mist. I like a bit of both! Amazingly, Tulip Fabric Spray has a bit of opacity, and you can actually SEE the green paint on the black t-shirt. Cool!
Let your tee shirt dry a bit, then peel off the doilies to reveal the negative-space shamrock. Then go over the whole tee again, using the gold glitter fabric spray, especially on the shamrock area. Once that is dry, go around the outline of the shamrock with the Tulip Metallic Slick Paint. Just do little dots to suggest the shamrock form, and then add the word “Lucky” if you like!
Let dry for 4 hours before wearing, and wait 72 hours before washing- and you’re ready to go to the parade.
(Disclosure: the items with the hyperlinks were provided to me free of charge by ConsumerCrafts.com as compensation for being on their design team. They have great craft stuff and great prices- go shop there!)
So my son really loves the silver “faux studded” effect, so I’m happy because he is!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018