Wonder what a CraftTestDummy does on a weekend? Sometimes I make a big messâ€¦.and sometimes I go shopping. I took a little field trip to Stamplistic, and wonderful (and sadly my ONLY) local independently-owned scrapbooking and stamping store.
What makes Stamplisitic special is that they carry such a marvelous collection of scrapbooking, stamping AND mixed-media supplies. From Adirondack inks to Zentangles, theyâ€™ve really got something for everyone.
Theyâ€™ve also recently moved- and their new, shiny scrapping mecca on Cooper-Foster Park Roadis only about 500 yard from their old store. The new space faces a major road, has copious convenient parking, and is staffed by the most amazing, friendly, talented folks around!
For example, Mara was doing a make-n-take using some layered stamps. I wish Iâ€™d thought to take a picture, but the idea is to stamp on image multiple times, then cut them out and layer with foam adhesive. She is so creative and her display was inspiring! In fact, she inspired me to buy these:
While there, my sister and I checked out the annual parking-lot sale. Itâ€™s like a craft yard sale on steroids! Folks bring their new & gently used items and resell them at a great discount. I scored some Sizzix products at a â€œcanâ€™t pass it upâ€ price, along with a rubberstamp:
For a quick video tour, read the article onlinedone by the Morning Journal. And of course, if you are even THINKING about a trip to northern Ohio, put this great shop on your agenda!
Now, just to show you how MUCH I love Stamplistic, I’ve entered them in Intuit’s Love a Local Business campaign. As a fan of local businesses, I know that they struggle against big-box discount stores AND online retailers… so let’s show Stamplistic a little love and go vote for them. It’s simple-just
- Click the link above
- Click on “I’m a fan of local businesses”
- Type “Stamplistic & Amherst Ohio” in the search bar
- Select “Stamplistic”
- and VOTE!
That’s all there is to it, and our friends could win a 25K business grant! Won’t you help? Oh, and while your at it, if you leave a comment about what business YOU would start, you could win an iPad2~ now isn’t THAT nice?
Itâ€™s been very exciting to have my own local/online business (CraftTestDummies LLC social media consulting), so Iâ€™m curious to know: What dream business would you love to start?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Intuitâ€™s Love A Local Business competition. The opinions and text are all mine. Contest runs August 10 to September 1, 2011. A random winner will be announced by September 6, 2011. Official Contest Rules
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017