It’s been a long, long week at the Costco Roadshow in Strongsville, OH. In case you missed the tweets, I was part of the Costco Grand Opening and spent a week on-location demonstrating the Cricut Expressions machine (and accessories) for ProvoCraft. (That’s a pic of the booth I took with my phone, and that’s my new friend Thea White, the cartridge Goddess. She knows every Cricut cartridge by heart, I swear!!)
It was a great time, and I was pleased so many friends/fans stopped by to visit. I even ran into some former co-workers who couldn’t believe that my new gig is as a Crafting Maven- they know me from my Music Therapist days….
So now I’m home and gearing up for The Next Big Thing (drum roll, please!!!) ….working for another craft blog! As you may know I write for Craft Critique, but I’ve been invited to create a WHOLE NEW crafting blog for a local-yet-national craft supplies company, ConsumerCrafts.com. It is an on-line retail site, and I’ll be working with them by doing the blog, running the Twitter feeds, and managing the Facebook Fan page.
We’re hoping for a January launch to the blog- but in the meantime, I’m assembling a team of designers to help put together top-notch crafts, tool highlights, product review, and a catalogue of techniques. If you know someone, or ARE someone who might be interested in designing for a national craft company, leave me a comment. There are only a few requirements that I have at this point:
- You must already be blogging on your own site or for someone else
- You must be a decent writer
- You must be a GREAT Craft designer/maker
- You’re happy to work for product and promotion!
If these statements fit YOU or someone you know, please leave a comment and a URL so I can check out your work!
Also, get a jump on following my Consumer_Crafts tweets- there will be some cool stuff goin’ down- coupons, giveaways, and whatnots…. and don’t forget to Fan Craft Test Dummies AND ConsumerCrafts the next time you are on FB.
UPDATE 2/3/14: This post was written in 2009 and I am no longer affiliated with ConsumerCrafts.com.
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017