If you look at the date, you’ll see it’s past St. Patrick’s day. Yes, I’m a day late and a dollar short, but I was sick last week and I ran out of steam. However, I’m hoping you all will still love this craft and pin it for next year-because it’s so cute and easy to transform K-Cups into Lucky Leprechaun Hats!
Some links contained in the post are affiliate links.
You can whip these out in an afternoon and make a whole bunch for a class, snack time, whatever. And if you are REALLY fancy, you can use the recycled version and hide a few gold coins inside!
- Multisurface paint- and my favorite is Folk Art Multisurface from Plaid. This is important because not all paints work on plastic!
- Black ribbon for the hat band
- K-Cups or small dixie cups
- White glue or Hot Glue
- Cardstock that matches your paint
- Cute buttons like these ones from Buttons Galore
- Scissors, paintbrush, pencil- the usual!
I made you a quick video (no, really, it’s only 2 minutes) to show you how I did it step-by-step!
I hope you pin this post and save Lucky Leprechaun Hats for next year!!
I really love recycling crafts– when I can save something from the garbage I’m a happy girl!
And if you need a Pilgrim Hat or a Frosty the Snowman Hat, I’ve got you covered there too:
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018