If you look at the date, you’ll see it’s past St. Patrick’s day. Yes, I’m a day late and a dollar short, but I was sick last week and I ran out of steam. However, I’m hoping you all will still love this craft and pin it for next year-because it’s so cute and easy to transform K-Cups into Lucky Leprechaun Hats!
Some links contained in the post are affiliate links.
You can whip these out in an afternoon and make a whole bunch for a class, snack time, whatever. And if you are REALLY fancy, you can use the recycled version and hide a few gold coins inside!
- Multisurface paint- and my favorite is Folk Art Multisurface from Plaid. This is important because not all paints work on plastic!
- Black ribbon for the hat band
- K-Cups or small dixie cups
- White glue or Hot Glue
- Cardstock that matches your paint
- Cute buttons like these ones from Buttons Galore
- Scissors, paintbrush, pencil- the usual!
I made you a quick video (no, really, it’s only 2 minutes) to show you how I did it step-by-step!
I hope you pin this post and save Lucky Leprechaun Hats for next year!!
I really love recycling crafts– when I can save something from the garbage I’m a happy girl!
And if you need a Pilgrim Hat or a Frosty the Snowman Hat, I’ve got you covered there too:
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017