I don’t usually share recipes and the like unless there is a crafty element. But today I’m making an exception!
Celebrating Cinco De Mayo this year? Making tacos? Got leftovers? We always seem to get tired of eating tacos before we run out of fixin’s. So I came up with a clever way to freeze your leftovers in single portions for easy re-heating- TACO BOMBS!
This is how you do it:
Cut deli paper into squares and stuff it into a cupcake tin. (Or use paper baking cups.) Then add 1/4 cup of seasoned taco meat, a little salsa, cheese, and corn/bean mix (our personal fave) and mash it down a bit. Then pop it into the freezer until it firms up.
(Please pardon the crappy cell phone photo!)
If you use the deli paper, lift them out and remove the paper. Then pop it into a freezer bag (I put two in a baggie) and label it. When you get a craving for a taco salad, walking taco, or just need a quick dinner you can remove the baggie, place your Taco Bombs on a plate, cover with a paper towel and then heat for 30-45 seconds. POOF – you gots you some dinner!
And if you don’t have leftovers…well, then make a double batch the next time you make tacos and make a whole set of Taco Bombs for your kids to grab and go.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018