Lately, I have been the queen of the last minute. And this weekend I injured my back, which has put me even more behind- no so good for Christmas week productivity! However, even setbacks can boost your creativity because you have to do the best you can with what you’ve got…. and so, here are some last-minute re-usable gift tags.
Here’s my supply list, but you could sub out a bunch of stuff.
- Scraps of plain cardstock and patterned paper
- punches or die cut machine to cut circles
- Cricut to cut letters or rub-ons or stickers
- metal eyelets and setter
- ball chain fobs
I started off cutting some concentric circles (I have the Nestabilities dies, but use what ever method works for you. You can even cut free-hand.)Â As you can see in the photo, I also used a Cuttlebug die to cut the butterfly from scrap paper.
I cut out some initials with my Cricut, but you could use rub-on letters or whatever you have on hand. I use some glue stick to hold it all together.
Then run it through the Purple Cow Laminator and cut it out using some fancy scissors, if you like. Just make sure you leave 1/4 inch all the way around to keep the seal nice and tight.
Lastly, punch a hole and set a grommet/eyelet. I had some little ball chain keychains on hand, but you could use twine, ribbon, whatever.
Now you can use these on presents and the recipients can re-use them for luggage tags, zipper pulls, or in our case, the kid’s storage cubbies by the back door:
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018