Ever wish you could just gold-leaf something? Add a bit of metallic elegance? Today we are looking at Krylon Leafting Pens, and they will let you do just that! Let’s take a look!
Here’s the description from the package:
KrylonLeafing pens add a touch of elegance to your home accents. All you need is a little imagination! Leafing Pen dispenses a fast-drying, metallic paint for highlighting any art, craft, or home decor project. Special chisel point allows you to vary the width of your paint strokes and is idea of r calligraphy. Use on wood, metal ceramics, glass, rigid plastic, fabric and paper.
When you first get the pen home, you’ll need to get the ink flowing. It’s really easy and I’ll show you in the video below. Then you are ready to roll!
Now, as I mentioned, these are mildly “stinky”- which also indicates that they could be toxic. Don’t sniff them, and if you can crack a window or use a fan for ventilation. These aren’t for the kiddos, folks!
Let’s take a closer look at those sample swatches again.
Clockwise from top: Vellum, corkpaper, kraft paper, burlap paper, black cardstock, text weight patterned paper. No warping was observed nor was there bleed-through.
I really love these on non-porous surfaces- such as the acrylic plastic, metal, aluminum, and glass seen here. For some reason the Leafing Pens did rub off of my glossy cardstock- but not when I used alcohol paints in conjunction with them.
I even colored these flat-backed pearls with the Krylon Leafing Pen to make sure they’d match my project!
The wide chisel tip makes it easy to add that gold leaf edge you see on the chipboard shape above. Such a quick way to add a touch of elegance!
Here’s the quick project I made featuring the Krylon Leafing Pen. I used it to edge the black cardstock and the custom background on glossy using the alcohol-ink technique I showed you in the video. And see those flat-backed pearls?? Perfect.
Prices vary on these pens- I saw them for as little as $4.99 and as high as $13.00 online. So shop around for the best deal. But I wouldn’t hesitate to have them in my studio!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018