Love the look of etched glass- but was a bit wary of using chemicals? Or maybe you just didn’t want anything so *permanent.* Well, Krylon’s Frosted Glass Finish spray paint is a great alternative.
Here’s how it’s described by the manufacturer:
Frosted Glass Finish
Create beautiful, frosted glass the easy way — just spray it on in one simple step.
Semi-transparent allows light to filter through
Transforms the look of any glass object quickly and easily
No messy creams or harsh chemicals to clean up (like etching creams)
Use over colored glass for a unique look
DRY TO TOUCH:
DRY TO HANDLE:
FOR USE ON
So let’s take a look!
Since this is a product for glass only, I thought I’d test it on some glass ornament blanks and a a vase. (Note: I cleaned the vase with a glass cleaner before starting- that’s the only prep you have to do.) But I pushed the envelope a bit in the video!
The finish went on nice and smoothly- and a few quick coats later, TADA!
I used some stickers to create a mask to get the heart shapes!
(I used some shaped painter’s tape to make a chevron pattern.)
Kind of love that!
Now…here’s what you need to know:
- You can scratch off the finish with a fingernail, so these items should not be handled roughly
- Finish is not dishwasher safe
- You cannot put another sealant on top to protect the finish- it will change it from the matte look…which is the whole idea behind the “frosted” look!
But here’s the upshot- if you want to create a bunch of vases or items for a one-time event…say a baby shower or wedding…you can customize your vases or coasters and then POOF- wash off the finish and start all over again. I kind of love that! And if you are customizing a frame or a table top, you can spray the BACK side of the glass (just reverse your image or stencil) and the finish will be protected.
Bottom line? If you have a LOT of things to do and/or don’t want or need a permanent finish, you’ll get a lot of mileage from Krylon Frosted Glass spray paint! I’m really looking forward to upcycling a few things in my house. What would YOU use it on?
Disclosure: Product provided for review purposes. Link below is an affiliate link. Thank you1
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018