Kit XChange Organization System
One of the issues that plagues any crafter- beaders, sewists, scrapbookers, and mixed media artists alike…is…STUFF. We accumulate a lot of beads, charms, embellishments, buttons, stickers, brads and more. For many of us, the key to using our amazing supplies is seeing them… so being able to take in our inventory at a glance is essential. I recently was offered a new line of craft organization tools from Kit XChange, so I gave them a go for you!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. That means at no extra cost to you, if you purchase something through one of those links, I will receive a small commission.
I created a video giving you an over view of the products, as well as how I organized my embellishments with Kit XChange!
Just a quick reminder here- I do live broadcasting via Periscope, and you can catch my live (and chatty) shows there. You can watch them on your mobile device, or on replay on your computer. I also usually publish my videos to YouTube before they show up here on the blog. And sometimes I don’t even share them here, so to get all of the videos straight to your inbox, make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel and click the gear icon to make sure you get the notifications. Usually it’s 2 videos a week, so it’s not like you’ll be swamped!
One of my YouTube subscribers mentioned that it might be just as easy to make your own version of this. I did a little back-of-the-napkin math and came up with this breakdown:
I personally don’t have hook-style fabric in the house, nor do I have a heavy-duty large-hole punch and grommet setter. So to buy those products (X-large hole punch & eyelets) it’s gonna cost me $8..35… and hook fabric is usually $14 per yard… and then there is my time ( I estimate a minimum of 1.5 hours to make it and a few hours to go shopping for the supplies.) So it would cost me a minimum of $20 to make this (with a heavy-duty sewing machine needle OR glue…and I’m not adding that cost in) whereas for $10 for 2 pages and $10 for all the bags, I am actually saving money by just buying it. And I’m not taking into cost the velcro baggies or the binder itself!
As I mentioned at the end of the video, I like to have my most-used products UP on the wall where I can see them. So for now, they are up by my desk and I’ve already been reaching for my sequins a lot more often.
And if you are tight on space, you could hang a number of these pages on a cascading pant hanger like this one:
You could store a WHOLE BUNCH of supplies and still keep them visible and tidy!
I will be doing a follow-up on the Envelope Kit XChange, so stay tuned!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017