About this time of year, my kids get the itch to start making gifts for friends, teachers, and grandparents. I came up with a kid-friendly craft that will enable them to give a gift they’ll be proud of- and it’s a great way to share those wallet-size photos from school pictures!
I used a manual die-cutting machine for this because my kids, ages 6 and 10, know how to use it independently and frankly the results are great!
- Cuttlebug Manual Die Cutting Machine and Nestabilities Dies, Labels 10
- Foamies sheets in 2 festive colors ( I like to use at least 1 glitter sheet)
- Foamie Glue (you DO need special glue for foamies, FYI)
- Queen & Co Bling Pearls in a coordinating color
- Bowdabra Wire for hanging
- Foamie Markers
First, have your kids cut bases using the third-largest die. You’ll find that foamies cut beautifully! Then, cut the frame portion by positioning the second SMALLEST die in the middle of a next largest one. Use a piece of painter’s tape to keep it from shifting around while you run it through the machine.
Next, position the photo in the middle of the frame, and use a little bit of glue to hold it in place. Then affix a 6 inch loop of Bowdabra wire behind the frame. Add more glue and glue it to the glittery side of the base.
Let this dry a bit, then add some stick-on pearls or rhinestones.
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017