About this time of year, my kids get the itch to start making gifts for friends, teachers, and grandparents. I came up with a kid-friendly craft that will enable them to give a gift they’ll be proud of- and it’s a great way to share those wallet-size photos from school pictures!
I used a manual die-cutting machine for this because my kids, ages 6 and 10, know how to use it independently and frankly the results are great!
- Cuttlebug Manual Die Cutting Machine and Nestabilities Dies, Labels 10
- Foamies sheets in 2 festive colors ( I like to use at least 1 glitter sheet)
- Foamie Glue (you DO need special glue for foamies, FYI)
- Queen & Co Bling Pearls in a coordinating color
- Bowdabra Wire for hanging
- Foamie Markers
First, have your kids cut bases using the third-largest die. You’ll find that foamies cut beautifully! Then, cut the frame portion by positioning the second SMALLEST die in the middle of a next largest one. Use a piece of painter’s tape to keep it from shifting around while you run it through the machine.
Next, position the photo in the middle of the frame, and use a little bit of glue to hold it in place. Then affix a 6 inch loop of Bowdabra wire behind the frame. Add more glue and glue it to the glittery side of the base.
Let this dry a bit, then add some stick-on pearls or rhinestones.
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018