This kit is jam-packed with product it includes
- White Soap Clay
- Brown Soap Clay
- Yellow Soap Clay
- Light Pink Soap Clay
- Red Soap Clay
- Purple Soap Clay
- Green Soap Clay
- Pink Bath Salts
- Iridescent Glitter
- Plastic sculpting tool
- 3 Paper cupcake liners
- 3 Plastic cupcake storage containers
- Instructions and ideas pamphlet
Now, grated, there isn’t a TON of any one color of clay, but the selection of colors was great- little girl just couldn’t wait to dig in and play. We opened the first package of “soap clay” and found that it had the texture of a “cloud clay” or puffy clay- very soft and silky to the touch, with barely a trace of residue on the hands. Actually, it was fun to handle.
There was also a light fragrance to it- not overpowering, but noticeable, and I can only describe it as flowery, and totally appropriate for a bath product.
The instructions are pretty general, with “recipes” on how to make your “cupcakes.” My budding “chef” did a great job of following the pictures and making her goodies. Then she packaged her creation in the cupcake liner and storage bubble. It’s OH-so-cute!
What a sweet treat! I mean, the craft is fun- but the presentation is awesome! She started making plans for making more and giving them as gifts.
The next one we got a bit more creative. I made a butterfly out of soap soÂ little girl could copy & make one of her own.
This was a thoroughly enjoyable craft for both of us- fun clay, good smelling, and clean-up was a snap! We’ve also been using a “cupcake soap” in our guest room for months now and it’s working fine. It will get a little gummy on the bottom, so make sure you have a little dish to put it on.
The Create-Your-Own-Cupcake-Soap kit retails for $19.99, is available online and in some craft and big-box stores. I’d say that it’s a great value, and it would be a marvelous birthday or holiday gift. I’d love to see a “refill” kit available with more clay, liners, and bubble containers- but I may just go ahead and spring for another whole kit to tuck into an Easter basket.
Disclosure: I bought it with my own money, and it was well worth it!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018