A while back I was offered the chance to review the ArtTerro open-ended, eco-friendly craft kits for kids and we had a great time playing with the Wire and Bead Kit.Â When the kids saw the Bubble Wand Kit, they got really excited. And with some of the hot weather we’ve been having, it was the perfect excuse to get outside, craft, and PLAY!
The kit comes with two pre-drilled dowels, two lengths of copper wire, two marbles, and instructions/patterns.
There are instructions on how to build a jig to create certain patterns as well as a recipe for bubble solution. I tried to get my 9 year old son to actually build a jig- but his imagination was already on fire and he had his own ideas to build a “lightening” wand. (Actually, he got so excited and moved so quickly I didn’t have time to get photos of him working at all!)
My sweet, butterfly- loving 5 year old girl asked me to make one for her. I started by threading the wire through the dowel to secure it.
Then I formed the rest by hand. The copper wire is substantial but not difficult to manipulate by hand. However, you will want to have nail clippers or wire cutters handy for cutting the wire. You don’t want to ruin your regular scissors cutting wire. (And kudos to the instructions for pointing this out!)
In only 10 minutes the wands were completed. The next few pictures are the bubble wands in ACTION. Because they are meant for playing with, right?
So here’s the bottom line: this is a marvelous craft kit. While it only takes a few minutes to make, my kids got really invested in creating their special wands and then spent an hour galloping around the back yard making bubbles and playing games. And because the wand engages their imagination, it has a much longer shelf-life as a toy then a cheap, plastic bubble wand. Really, this is what you want a toy to be: a jumping-off point for creativity and imagination. We want our kids to have a rich fantasy life and just have fun being kids. This kit fit that bill to a T.
This kit retails for about 15.00 USD and makes 2 wands. I think that for the quality of experience, it’s well worth it. This is also the kind of gift Grandparents, Aunties, and Godparents will want to keep on hand for visits or tuck into stockings for the holidays.
This kit earns the “Craft Test Dummies Approved” seal for being creative, sustainable, and economical!
I’m going to leave you with one more photo of the kids at play…
If you are considering purchasing Artterro Art Kits, I hope you’ll use CTD affiliate links:
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017