A while back I was offered the chance to review the ArtTerro open-ended, eco-friendly craft kits for kids and we had a great time playing with the Wire and Bead Kit.Â When the kids saw the Bubble Wand Kit, they got really excited. And with some of the hot weather we’ve been having, it was the perfect excuse to get outside, craft, and PLAY!
The kit comes with two pre-drilled dowels, two lengths of copper wire, two marbles, and instructions/patterns.
There are instructions on how to build a jig to create certain patterns as well as a recipe for bubble solution. I tried to get my 9 year old son to actually build a jig- but his imagination was already on fire and he had his own ideas to build a “lightening” wand. (Actually, he got so excited and moved so quickly I didn’t have time to get photos of him working at all!)
My sweet, butterfly- loving 5 year old girl asked me to make one for her. I started by threading the wire through the dowel to secure it.
Then I formed the rest by hand. The copper wire is substantial but not difficult to manipulate by hand. However, you will want to have nail clippers or wire cutters handy for cutting the wire. You don’t want to ruin your regular scissors cutting wire. (And kudos to the instructions for pointing this out!)
In only 10 minutes the wands were completed. The next few pictures are the bubble wands in ACTION. Because they are meant for playing with, right?
So here’s the bottom line: this is a marvelous craft kit. While it only takes a few minutes to make, my kids got really invested in creating their special wands and then spent an hour galloping around the back yard making bubbles and playing games. And because the wand engages their imagination, it has a much longer shelf-life as a toy then a cheap, plastic bubble wand. Really, this is what you want a toy to be: a jumping-off point for creativity and imagination. We want our kids to have a rich fantasy life and just have fun being kids. This kit fit that bill to a T.
This kit retails for about 15.00 USD and makes 2 wands. I think that for the quality of experience, it’s well worth it. This is also the kind of gift Grandparents, Aunties, and Godparents will want to keep on hand for visits or tuck into stockings for the holidays.
This kit earns the “Craft Test Dummies Approved” seal for being creative, sustainable, and economical!
I’m going to leave you with one more photo of the kids at play…
If you are considering purchasing Artterro Art Kits, I hope you’ll use CTD affiliate links:
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018