Hey crafty friends! I know it’s been unusually quiet here at CraftTestDummies….and on my YouTube channel, too. I have some good reasons for being preoccupied.
So just when I think I’ve got my life kinda under control, I get a curveball and POOF- my life goes all “PLOT TWIST” on me.
About three weeks ago, my husband (who has been working in NYC for the past year and commuting weekly) and I had a text convo that went something like this:
HIM: Hey look at this cool NYC apartment
ME: Wow that’s cool. When do I move in?
HIM: I’m really rethinking this commuting thing. It’s a drag.
ME: Yah, me too. Maybe we should all be together.
And so, we decided to reunite our family in the Big Apple. That means letting go of my new craft studio, our house of seven years, my friends, the kid’s school and activities, and pretty much my entire way of life.
I’m pretty much from Ohio, my husband is from Ohio…and well, you know. Mid-westerners like me are dependent on their cars, large pantries, lawns/backyards, and Target. (!) But now, we are going to switch it all up for a smallish apartment, Central Park, and Amazon Prime Now. (Getting my groceries delivered in an hour was Life (capital L) Changing (capital C.)
So now we’ve been in the City (Manhattan, y’all) getting an apartment, kids schools, and now back for a week before the BIG MOVE.
(Now is a good time for a little video, no?)
So never fear, I’ll be back & doing reviews and making videos soon. If you’d like to leave a comment with your packing/moving suggestions, that would be AWESOME! And make sure you catch me on these other social channels if you’d like to see the ‘behind the scenes” of what’s happening day-to-day.
Thanks for joining in my crazy adventure!!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018