When I first got on my “yo-yo” kick, my mom commented to me that when she was a young teenager, she made a clown doll out of yo-yo’s for her first nephew. (She says all she can remember is cutting out zillions of circles!) Anyway, I did a little research and found the pattern at Sunshine’s Creations. There are great step-by-step instructions. It’s a great “retro” craft, and a fabulous way to use up some fabric scraps.
Since I’m also into crafts that serve as mementos, this would be a lovely way to utilized a loved one’s clothing after a passing. It would be like saving a little bit of them to pass on through the generations. I know, I’m just sentimental that way.
If you’re interested, you can also read my review of the Clover yo-yo maker that will make this craft easier, or my post about heart yo-yo crafts. If you’re on a kick, like me! And if you are an uber-fan, join the Yo Yo Ga Ga/Fuxico Ga Ga group on Flikr. You won’t believe the yo-yo goodness you’ll see!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018