I have to admit that “Chains Chains Chains: 25 Necklaces, Bracelets and Earrings” by Joanna Gollberg and Nathalie Mornu sat on my TO BE REVIEWED shelf for a little while. Basically because I was afraid that the projects might be too hard. I mean, I’d never MADE my own chain before.
Now I just feel silly. There are several projects in the book that are kind of over my head and I don’t have the equipment to make BUT there were a few projects that were just down right EASY and I already had materials on hand to make.
That will teach me to judge a book by it’s cover!
Other things to know about this book:
- 144 pages
- Lays open for easy referral
- Includes lists for items you’ll need as part of a Bench Tool Kit and a Soldering Kit
- Other Chapters include; Metals and Their Properties, Bench Tools and Equipment, Techniques, Soldering, and Finishing
- Also includes a Gallery, About the Designers and About the Authors
- The MSRP is $24.95 USD but it can be purchased on Amazon.com for $10.83 USD.
I like that the book has large, easy to see photos and diagrams for quick referral and that the instructions are easy to follow. What confused me was why The Basics chapter starts on page 91 instead of at the front of the book. Then I realized that this is a book for people who are already creating metal jewelry. The Basics is simply a primer in case they’ve forgotten something.
I couldn’t resist this bracelet! It reminds me of a spirograph image.
I made my Scribble bracelet in shades of blue with products I had on hand. (To see more product information and to see what else I made see my The Creative Goddess blog.)
It was pretty easy to make, the instructions made sense and were easy to follow and I’m happy with the finished project.
All in all this is a good book to have on hand if you have a good knowledge of making jewelry and/or need inspiration for new projects. There are plenty of projects to inspire a pro but it’s definitely not a book for a basic, brand new to jewelry making, person.
If you are considering purchasing “Chains Chains Chains 25 Necklaces, Bracelets and Earrings” by Joanna Gollberg and Nathalie Mornu, please support CTD and use our affiliate links:
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014