As you walk the CHA show floor, a few things become apparent- certain trends are sticking around awhile. This may either delight or make you shake your head, but like it or hate it, these trends are here for at least another year.
CHALKBOARD PAPER. Almost every holiday line I saw had some “chalkboard” element to it, and not just in grey. Cosmo Cricket had a blue chalkboard line, and Prima introduced both new papers and chalkboard flower embellishments.
WOOD GRAIN. In stamps, paper patterns, and even real wood veneer, wood grain (both realisitic and artistic) is a current craft staple.
CHEVRONS. Big last CHA show, too- and this trend shows no sign of slowing down soon.
THERE’S A DIE FOR THAT. Dies, dies, everywhere! It seems like every company is now producing their own dies to coordinate with stamps or stencils! And personally, I love the ones from Lawn Fawn, Art Impressions, Impression Obsession, and Taylord Expressions to name a few!
TYPEWRITERS AND CAMERAS. Last CHA show it was all about bicycles, but this year I saw altered and vintage typewriters, along with scads of cameras- both retro and vintage. Keep an eye out!
PS…you’ll also continue to see plenty of mustaches, mason jars, and washi tape this year!
What is your favorite trend? Which would you like to see move on? We’d love to hear from you!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018